Thursday, May 4, 2017

Involvement on Campus - Ithaca Men's Rowing

I have been involved in the sport for at least 6 years now. In fact, it was one of the reasons that I ended up applying to Ithaca.  I joined the team this fall and throughout the season, I worked with both the experienced varsity rowers as well as novices who had never rowed before.
Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing
Initially, I was unsure about whether I wanted to continue withe sport in the spring, but I am glad that I did. In the past, I have always enjoyed the spring season more than the fall due to the races being side-by-side, thus creating a higher sense of intensity and adrenaline. This was certainly the case with IC. Although the commitment required is much greater than what was required from me in the Fall and that prevented me from participating in other organizations due to practice times and more scrimmages and regattas on the weekend, I do not regret it. I am glad that I am able to focus on something that I am passionate about, more so than I have in high school or even last semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment